Southwestern Black Bean Chicken Soup: Transport yourself to the heart of the Southwest with our Southwestern Black Bean Soup. This hearty, wholesome dish combines black beans, corn, and Imperio’s Roja Salsa, (you choose your heat intensity!) to create a soup that's bursting with flavor and spiciness. Garnish with avocado and a squeeze of lime for the ultimate Tex-Mex treat.
- Add all the ingredients to a slow cooker. Stir to combine and set on high for 4 hours.
- Garnish and serve!
Salsa Verde Chicken Soup: Kickstart your soup adventure with a zesty Salsa Verde Chicken Soup. Tender chunks of chicken, hearty black beans, and Imperio Salsa’s Roasted Verde come together in perfect harmony. This soup is a vibrant fusion of flavors that will tantalize your taste buds and warm your soul.
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1-2 poblano peppers, chopped
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 jar of Imperio Salsa Roasted Verde Salsa
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1 teaspoon dried oregano
Salt and black pepper to taste
1 can of organic black beans, drained and rinsed
2 tablespoons lime juice (from fresh limes)
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and sauté until it becomes translucent. Stir in the poblano peppers, chicken, chili powder, smoked paprika, dried oregano, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Allow it to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken or vegetable broth and Imperio Salsa Roasted Verde Salsa, and season with additional salt and pepper as needed. Partially cover the pot and let it simmer over medium-low heat for about 15 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Using two forks, shred the chicken right in the soup. Then, add the black beans, lime juice, and freshly chopped cilantro.
- Customize your servings with a dollop of yogurt, a sprinkle of cheese, slices of avocado, fresh cilantro leaves, and finely chopped green onions as you prefer. To add some crunch, crush a handful of tortilla chips over the soup or serve them alongside for scooping.